I think the number one factor in being beautiful and healthy is happiness.
I have a notorious habit of getting overwhelmed and frustrated easily, which can put me in quite the funk. I don’t want to do my makeup, my hair, or even get out of my sweatpants, but I have found several things that are good at lifting my spirits and cheering me up. I thought I’d take a second to share these ideas with you:
- Take a bubble bath – candles, Netflix or music, the works.
- Hit the gym – you’d be surprised what a good jog on the treadmill will do (working out produces endorphins, a hormone that boosts your mood)!
- Blog, write, or draw – take an hour out of the real world and express yourself.
- Brew a warm cup of tea & curl up with a good book!
- Pamper yourself – give yourself a facial and a mani/pedi. Trust me, this one is a game changer.
Life happens. There’s nothing that can be done to fix that. If you find yourself feeling down or frustrated and don’t know what to do, try one or all of the ideas listed above to lift you back up. You can always reach out to your friends, or even me (seriously, I’m an excellent listener)! Sometimes it’s nice just to vent to someone who is on the outside of a situation. If you have any other suggestions for pick-me-ups, feel free to leave them in the comments below!
This post was inspired by Five Minute Friday. It’s a weekly one word prompt where you write freely for 5 minutes about whatever the prompt means to you. Anyone can join. Click the link for more information and the latest prompt!
Or here is my last post on the prompt “Help”.
Follow me on Bloglovin, too!